Tela asargada, un promotor de la carga digital diseñada para hacer sencilla envío, has today announced the launch of Supplier Initiated Booking (SIB) on its platform.
Driven by Twill’s large volume customers, the new SIB function is designed to provide more flexibility for Twill’s customers, allowing the choice of delegating the booking process to their suppliers. The new capability maintains control with the consignee by providing them the authority to approve each shipment in just three clicks.
There are a number of key benefits to be gained from using the platform:
- Accuracy – the SIB function means that the responsibility of when to place the booking remains with the supplier, based on their production plans
- Simplicity – the entire process for consignees is reduced from 12 clicks to just 3
- Transparency – both consignee and supplier can view every single shipping milestone to stay up to date
- Flexibility – consignees can choose to authorise as few or as many of their suppliers as they wish
- Relationship-building – SIB helps suppliers build trust with the consignee, and reduces communication back and forth
Richard Few, Commercial Lead at Twill commented: “From a freight forwarding perspective, we are one of the first to be able to offer this kind of capability to our customers. We listened to what they want from Twill, and although this new function has been driven primarily by our larger volume customers, Supplier Initiated Booking is open for anyone to use – whether you’re shipping 1 container a month or 30 containers a month.
“The next step will be for us to enable more of a conversation between the supplier and consignee on Twill – moving more towards a complete self-service model on the platform.”
Since its conception in April 2017, Twill has always taken on board customer feedback and worked to develop its platform based on customer requirements.
The SIB capability is now live on the Twill platform. Experience what shipping looks like in the 21st Century and sign up to make your first booking here: www.twill-logistics.com