Hand Media International is dedicated to ensuring the personal information we gather from visitors to our websites is treated in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data in different ways:
- By providing services to you, the organisation for which you work or represent;
- By providing information associated with your attendance at any events we organise or host;
- By filling in forms on this website or when you contact us;
- By collecting information about you or the organisation for which you work or represent that is publicly available; and
- By collecting your personal data from clients, consultants, suppliers or other advisers.
The type of personal data that we may collect
The types of personal data we might collect includes:
- Contact details (including name, full postal address, email address and telephone numbers);
- Professional information (including job title, professional experience and qualifications);
- Information concerning your business and personal interests as provided by you, including attendance at our events; and
- Details of your visits to our website (including, traffic data, location data, web logs, etc.).
Use of personal information
We process personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide information and services, either requested from us or which we believe will interest those concerned, as permitted under applicable law;
- To improve the content of our website and its methods of delivery;
- To maintain and develop our relationship with visitors;
- For research, planning, service development, security or risk management;
- To undertake services we have agreed to provide;
- To allow access to secure areas of our website; and
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
It is your right to prevent us processing your personal information for use in our marketing activities. When you provide your contact information, for example when you provide your business card, we will typically add your details to our marketing database, but at any time you can exercise your right to have yourself removed by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a text file with small amounts of information that is downloaded to your computer or browsing device when you visit our site. This is presented on every return visit to our site or when you visit another site that recognises the same cookie.
These cookies will help navigation through our site by remembering your preferences and making it quicker for you to browse our site. Some can be used to target existing advertising more to your tastes and interests.
Sometimes we collect anonymous traffic data to allow our web developers to see how many people are visiting the site and how they are using it. This is purely statistical to enhance your experience of the site and no user is listed or identified.
Some cookies on this site are essential and the site will not work as expected without them enabled. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something more than just clicking a simple link.
Using your personal information
We do not sell or rent to third-parties the information we collect through our website.
We may disclose information under certain circumstances, including:
- When we are required by a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so;
- When consent has been given for us to share the information provided;
- When we suspect your use of our website has violated or may violate relevant laws or regulations, or if we believe you may be a threat to safety, security, interests or our rights or those of others;
- If we outsource services that involve data processing, technology, research, banking and payment, client contact, data entry and processing, litigation support, marketing and security services and other related services; and
- To investigate, respond to or resolve problems or address inquiries or to defend our interests, including, professional indemnity insurers, auditors, professional advisors, etc.
Hand Media and some of the third-parties we share information with, may be located outside your home country or the country from where the data was provided. If your data is transferred to these countries, we will ensure your data is protected to standard at least equal to the GDPR.
We accept no responsibility or liability for other sites’ privacy policies and if you access other websites through links provided on our website, please check the policies on these websites before submitting any personal information.
Transmission of information through the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
We do our best to protect personal information, but cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us through this website or by other means. Once received, your information will be protected by appropriate procedures and security features designed to prevent unauthorised access by any means.
We virus check documents and files before they are posted on any website, but cannot guarantee documents or files downloaded from our website will be free from viruses – we accept no responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any such virus.
When using our website, you should use an anti-virus app and must not provide any document or file which contains a virus, or post such to any website we own.
Updating and correcting your information
The GDPR gives you the right to access and amend your personal information. If you would like to request a copy of the information we hold on you or would like to change this information please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +44 (0)1622 823920.
We want your information to be accurate and current, so if any of your information changes, like your contact number or email, please let us know the correct details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You can also request us to delete any information you regard as inaccurate.